As an international school with a largely mobile community, we anticipate that a number of our pupils will transfer to new schools each year. We are happy to provide transcripts and references as required, and where possible, to administer entrance examinations on behalf of the target school. Please ensure that requests for such assistance are sent to the Admissions office in a timely manner so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Transfer to and from Greek School:
Transfers between St Catherine’s and Greek schools must follow specific procedures stipulated by the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs as outlined below.
Children enrolled in Year 1 to Year 13 (Νηπιαγωγείο – Γ’ Λυκείου) who are transferring to or from St. Catherine’s British School and a Greek School are required by the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs to submit official transfer papers.
If this applies to you, you are kindly requested to provide us the following information by the beginning of September at the latest, in order for us to complete the necessary official transfer between schools.
Procedure for Transferring from St. Catherine’s British School to Greek School:
- Inform Registrar of intention to leave by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity;
- Complete and submit the Transfer from St. Catherine’s to Greek School Request Form
- St. Catherine’s will send a transfer request document to the new school asking them to consider positively the child for enrolment;
- The new school sends St. Catherine’s a confirmation letter that the child has been accepted;
- St. Catherine’s informs the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs of the transfer and sends them all relevant documentation.
Please note that failure to follow the procedure as outlined may jeopardize your child’s timely enrolment in their new school.
Procedure for Transferring from Greek School to St. Catherine’s British School:
St. Catherine’s British School will automatically send transfer confirmation letters for all new confirmed pupils who are transferring to our school from a Greek school. A formal Transfer Request is not required to be submitted by the family.