Posted on January 8, 2017

Dear Parents and Guardians,


Further to my email on Friday 6th January regarding the weather, I am pleased to say that the school has so far avoided any problems and therefore we are on schedule to be fully operational as of tomorrow morning. We have been heating the school over the weekend and although we expect sub-zero temperatures overnight, we do not anticipate any issues in or around the school. The school bus company have also assured us that they do not expect any transport concerns in the morning.


However we would still ask you to check the website and your emails first thing in the morning before setting off for school just in case there is a change to the current status.


Furthermore if you live some distance from the school in higher altitude areas that have experienced some snow and ice, we will understand if you decide for health and safety reasons not to undertake the trip to school. Please let the appropriate school office know first thing in the morning if this is the case.


As we appreciate that the low temperatures will continue until the middle of the week, we will accept the need for pupils to wear warm jackets and footwear inc. boots in lieu of the school jacket and flat black shoes from tomorrow until the end of Wednesday.


Again wishing you all the very best for 2017.


Yours sincerely,


Stuart Smith