The Go Green initiative was formed in February 2019 by a group of like-minded parents sensitive to environmental issues and interested in promoting environmental education awareness about sustainable development issues in our school and implementing environmental technologies into the curriculum.
Our aim is to form a committee that integrates students from the Eco-Council of the Lower and Upper Schools along with the educators, leadership and parents. We hope to engage all students across year 1-12.
Our mission is to nurture environmental leaders, reduce our schools ecological impact, and build an environmentally responsible community.
Help us reach our goals!
Current St. Catherine's site
Around the School:
- Composting bin in the Upper School
- Reduce/ Eliminate use of plastic cups
- Personal water bottles across the whole school
- Eco Friendly lights
- Water Dispensers
- More plants in the Sensory Garden
- No paper napkins
- Eliminate clingfilm - Serve sandwiches in paper
In the Classroom:
- Reduce/ eliminate paper worksheets
- Do not plasticise exercise books
New Building Campus
- automatic light sensors
- zero litter tolerance policy?
- plants around the school and Eco Garden on Roof
- rainwater harvesting
- efficient temperature controls
- water Fountains
- hand dryers in the WCs
- water tap sensors
- solar and wind power
- energy efficient lighting
- reduce/eliminate lamination